2019 American Jazz Pianist Competition
FINALS: April 15th, 2019
ENTRY DEADLINE: March 15th, 2019
We look forward to reviewing your application for the 2019 American Jazz Pianist Competition.
The competition will be held at
Yamaha Artist’s Center at 689 5th Ave # 3, New York, NY 10022 on April 15th, 2019.
Open to North American Citizens (US & Canada) age 18-25 before April 15th, 2019.
The 2019 AJPC is limited to only 45 entrants.
Please send entries as soon as possible to ensure acceptance.
Applications must reach us electronically by no later than March 1, 2019.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
All of the following MUST be submitted with your application form:
⇒Proof of Age / Citizenship
• Driver’s license /Passport. Applicants must be ages 18-25 by April 15th, 2019.
• Include high-resolution, professional looking, digital press photos on a CD. Action or still shots with a piano and a headshot. (You must own the rights to these photos)
• Include education; employment as a pianist, if any; competitions and other public performances; studies (where, how long, what ages, etc.); career goals; and what you hope to achieve by entering the competition.
⇒Press Releases If applicable. (i.e., newspaper articles, personal brochures, websites, etc.)
⇒Letter of Recommendation from Teacher, Employer, or Other Appropriate Source
⇒Solo Piano CD, DVD or Submit Your Files Electronically Please see website link and name your files, “YOUR Name-Song Name”
• CD/DVD Should include 4 tracks – tracks 1-2 must be solo piano and tracks 3-4 must be piano/bass/drums trio. The CD/DVD should include at least 2 jazz standards. Repertoire (song titles and composers) must be listed on a separate sheet included in the application. CD/DVD should be clearly marked with your name.
• Letter from teacher, employer, or other appropriate source verifying authenticity of the recording.
⇒Non-refundable fee of $65.